iPod support in Linux

Wed Apr 16 09:23:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:59:16 +0200
Clayton <smaug42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  I bought my iPod because it works so well with Linux. I plug it in to Amarok and they talk to each other. When I bought it, there was little else of a similar capacity that would work like that. Now that this has changed, if I wanted to replace it, I'd have to look for something else that does work easily with Linux.
>
> Take a look at TrekStor Vibez:
> http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/detail_mp3.php?pid=66
>
> Supports OGG and MP3, and... their datasheet specifically states Linux
> Kernel 2.4 or higher.  As media players go, it's quite n

That would be perfect, if only it was a bit bigger. By about a factor of ten...

That was part of the problem when I got the iPod. All the other manufacturers seemed to have decided that 40Gb was useless and all anyone wants is a 10Gb disk.

Finding *anything* 30Gb+ was difficult, let alone a Linux-friendly one.

--
Avi Greenbury