TopPosting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 04:03:15 UTC 2008

The answer is, 'It's a sure sign of insanity.'

What is a whole thread dedicated to a counterproductive discussion
complaining about how people send email?

BTW, should our next thread discuss whether it's email or e-mail? How
about vim vs emacs? Coke vs. Pepsi? Ubuntu vs. Kubuntu? GNOME vs. KDE?
cdrtools vs cdrkit vs libburnia? Hmm. How about Star Wars vs Star Trek?
Maybe a good old fashioned religious war. Christian vs Jew vs Muslim vs
Buddhist vs Hindu vs name your favourite religion here anyone? How about
something more political like politics? How about something as simple as
spelling? Is it color or colour? Flavor or flavour? Honor or honour? I
think the religion example and the spelling examples pretty much sum up
the discussion. Top posters feel it better and more correct to top post.
Bottom posters feel the need to quote the entire thread up to their post
at the bottom of all that quoting. Inline posters pretty much do it
right as they see it. There will never be concensus, just as there will
never be full concensus when it comes to religion, politics or the
spelling of certain English words. Heck, when it comes to spelling,
there isn't concensus among dictionaries. That's why we have US and UK
English language packs and spelling dictionaries. Neither is wrong, but
one side will always have people who say the other side is wrong.

At this point, I hereby request that this thread be moved to sounder and
that we get back to more meaningful discussions about the use of Ubuntu
and our support issues.

Thanks,
Lorenzo
--