VPN

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 05:32:39 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Bernie LaRosee
<bernielarosee at comcast.net> wrote:

> OK, I'm new to the Linux community but trying to break the big M habit.
>  I really don't understand the command process as of yet but?
>  Is there a program i can download that will either allow me or help me
>  to establish a connection with or company MS Exchange server so I can
>  get my company email using Evolution?

If the VPN in question is based on IPsec -- which it might be since MS
have been building that in to some server OSs since Windows 2000
and various routers do it as well -- then there are at least two
implementations for Linux:

http://www.openswan.org/
http://www.strongswan.org/

I'm not certain of current status of either -- last I heard both were being
actively supported, but that was a year or two back -- and I do not
know if Debian/Ubuntu packages are available for either.

--
Sandy Harris,
Nanjing, China