PDF vs Printers

Ioannis Vranos ivranos at freemail.gr
Mon Apr 14 23:04:05 UTC 2008

Joseph wrote:
> Thanks you so much David.  I used the "System --> Administration --> Printing" and clicked "Make
> Default".
>
> I tried it and the printer interface gave the HP and it was notted to be the default printer.
>
> Again, thanks for your help....   and patience.

1. If your printer is a HP one, go to System::Preferences::HPLIP Toolbox
and check the options there too.

2. If the problem persists you will have to configure CUPS manually:

Open a web browser and load the URL: http://127.0.0.1:631/printers

There, there is the option button "Set As Default".

Also take a look at the other options if you want.