PDF vs Printers

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Mon Apr 14 23:01:01 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Joseph wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:

>>>     Since you will not tell us what part of OO your looking at, and
>>> explain in plain English what your problem is we can't help you.
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> Then I suppose you don't have to.  It was my understanding that all of OO.o components used the same
>> printer settings.  Maybe that was my error, but it would seem that one might attempt to be a little
>> more understanding that some don't know all there is to know about everything that one needs to know
>> something about.
>>
>> For the rest of you, who will be a little more congenial, I'm using OO.o Writer.
>>
>> Please forgive my boldness here, but rudeness isn't necessary for helping another fellow human being.
>>

>     If you think what I said was rude let me be rude. Your too dumb to
> even tell us what the problem is. All you say is your using the OO
> writer. If you had an ounce of sense you would know that all OO
> functions use the same printer set up. So now, tell us what you did to
> set up your printer.
>
> 1. What panel did you click to to set the printer?
>
> Did you click on Tools-> Options -> Printer?
>
> 2. what was the problem?

I admit I did forget to mention the OO.o.  I DID however understand that they all (O.o apps) used
the same settings.  Being new to Ubuntu, I wasn't sure how it all came together and that was part of
my asking for the help.

In fact, you said, " All you say is your using the OO writer. If you had an ounce of sense you would
know that all OO functions use the same printer set up."  I DID mention that "It was my
understanding that all of OO.o components used the same printer settings.  But it won't stay...."

You said, "Your too dumb to even tell us what the problem is."  Well you're wrong.  I gave precise
steps that I took when I said, "When I go to "File/Print",  I don't get the HP as the device.  I get
"PDF" as the print."  Again, as I mentioned before, I forgot to mention OO.o.

Also, I'd included another detail that "I have to change it from the PDF to the HP 1200 each time,
in the Preferences."  You apparently missed that as well as the other points.

Am I dumb?  Possibly....   I prefer uneducated in Ubuntu, which is why I'm here....   to learn, not
get angry.  I have been taught that the only dumb question is the one that was not asked.  At least
I asked.  Apparently, you weren't reading carefully since I'd apparently gave all the necessary
information you said you needed....   except for OO.o....   but that only took a question from you....

In closing, you'd asked, "So now, tell us what you did to set up your printer."

I took the advice of an intelligent and wise man.  Again, thanks David.  <GRIN>

Someone once asked, "Would you like some cheese and crackers with your whine?"   <grimace>

Joseph