PDF vs Printers

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Mon Apr 14 21:30:13 UTC 2008

cypherstrong wrote:
> Just do Preferences/Default Printers
> So set the right one
>
> see ya
> Le lundi 14 avril 2008 à 13:06 -0500, Joseph a écrit :
>> I tried to print off several documents with my HP 1200 all-in-one printer.
>>
>> When I go to "File/Print",  I don't get the HP as the device.  I get
>> "PDF" as the print.
>>
>> I have to change it from the PDF to the HP 1200 each time, in the
>> Preferences.
>>
>> But it won't stay....    is there a way I can get it to stay as HP and
>> not PDF???
>>
>> Joseph

That's what I've done already (every time I want to print) and it continued to go back to PDF.  Of
course I've done it in the OO.o interface, is there another?  Where is your "Preferences/Default
Printers" located??

I double checked the OO.o Printer settings and the HP was there.  Then I tried the file/print and it
too was the HP.  Strange.

I did that to two files and both were HP...   then I opened one last file and did the file/print and
it was PDF.  I would like PDF to go away....   unless I want it.

Joseph