Checking the file system every 22 boots

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Apr 13 14:13:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 09:04 -0400, Mike wrote:
> That's good news. I think it would be a much better idea
> however if the automatic check was done when shutting down as
> opposed to booting up.

IIRC you will find a lengthy discussion of different options in the
discussion thread I linked to (and IIRC it references a wiki page or two
wit even more discussion), which starts here:
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2007-December/002744.html>. Follow the thread from there.

>  Having the option to run it at shutdown
> would be great. I have two very full 500 GB drives that take
> forever to fsck. When I boot up the computer, it's because I
> need to use it right away... not wait many, many minutes for
> fsck to complete.

That's why you can abort it by pressing ESC :) I know, it's a rather
rudimentary solution, but should fix the worst issue for now, Again, see
the linked thread for the other stuff