Gutsy unstable

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 23:34:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Kenneth P. Turvey
<kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:47:04 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:
>
>  > I had similar problems with ipw3945 and Gusty.  Sometimes I would be
>  > unable to kill NetworkManager - after it would drop the connection/and
>  > or become unresponsive -, and trying to rmmod ipw3945 would hang the
>  > system.  Since switching to iwl3945 this has not happened anymore.
>
>  OK, I'll give this a shot.  I tried just adding ipw3945 to the blacklist
>  and then running modprobe on iwl3945 and this loaded the module fine, but
>  it doesn't fit into the system well.  Network Manager doesn't work and
>  the interface name is wlan0_rename.
>
>  What other steps are necessary to integrate this driver into Ubuntu
>  gutsy?

Odd.  I can't recall having to perform any other steps.  Have you
tried restarting NM or restarting?  Don't forget to add iwl3945 to
/etc/modules if you try rebooting.

Is there anything useful in dmesg or /var/log/messages when you
modprobe iwl3945?

Chris