Unable to run live 7.1

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Apr 10 12:55:54 BST 2008

Rick wrote:
> I downloaded and burnt 7.1 live, but it wouldn't load on my computer (details
> below). The previous version did run. I verified the disk and all was well. Then
> I ordered a disk from Ubuntu. Same thing. Just now I downloaded life Suse and
> that worked fine. I shall try 8 when it is released, but perhaps someone could
> help me in the meantime. If my hardware configuration is anti-Ubuntu, perhaps I
> can change something.
>
> Thanks in advance, Rick
>
> OS Name    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
> Version    5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
> OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
> System Name    DEEPTHOUGHTVII
> System Manufacturer    System manufacturer
> System Model    System Product Name
> System Type    X86-based PC
> Processor    x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3200 Mhz
> Processor    x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3200 Mhz
> BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 0401, 21.Mar.07
> SMBIOS Version    2.3
> Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS
> System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32
> Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
> Locale    Israel
> Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
> User Name    DEEPTHOUGHTVII\Administrator
> Time Zone    Jerusalem Daylight Time
> Total Physical Memory    1,024.00 MB
> Available Physical Memory    422.25 MB
> Total Virtual Memory    2.00 GB
> Available Virtual Memory    1.96 GB
> Page File Space    2.26 GB
> Page File    C:\pagefile.sys

    Your Windows system info is like all windows stuff, lacking in
information. Since you got SUSE to load there is no reason Ubuntu will
not load. Version 8 is much like 7.1 so that will not be a help.

    Tell us what happened when you load the Live CD. In detail, not that
it didn't work :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI