where is /WEB/ROOT? installing a PHP app (feed-on-feeds) with sudo svn

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 07:55:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 20:18:11 +1000, Owen Townend wrote:

> Hey,
>   Check /etc/apache2/envvars. Mine has:
> export APACHE_RUN_USER=www-data
> export APACHE_RUN_GROUP=www-data

Did you put that in there, or was it put in there by (for example) apache?

Mine is like so:

thufir at arrakis:~$
thufir at arrakis:~$ cat /etc/apache2/envvars
# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
# contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
# this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
# The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
# (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
# the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
#     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.
# envvars-std - default environment variables for apachectl
# This file is generated from envvars-std.in

thufir at arrakis:~$

I'm glad that it works, just that as of yet I haven't found the right
manual, or where in the manual, the information is that would've told me
what user to set things to.