Gutsy to Hardy

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 10 03:06:38 UTC 2008

Joseph wrote:
| Shannon McMackin wrote:
|> Joseph wrote:
|>>
|>> If I'm not mistaken, Hardy is a step above Gutsy.
|>>
|>> I have the Gutsy (7.10).  I'm wondering why the updater doesn't just
|>> update to the Hardy....
|>>
|>> Do I have to download the Hardy separately, and if so, will it change
|>> any of my settings and programing??
|>>
|>> Joseph
|>>

|> Hardy is not fully released yet.  The reason the GUI software updater
|> does not automatically bump you to a new release is because many users
|> will remain on a specific release, long-term.
|>
|> Changing all your /etc/apt/sorces.list entries from Gutsy to Hardy and
|> then performing sudo apt-get dist-upgrade, that should get you to Hardy.
|>

| I have no files in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d folder.  What is
supposed to be in there?  And how
| would one change from Gutsy to Hardy???
|
| Joseph

I think someone already said this but here it is again.......

open a terminal type

sudo update-manager -d

enter you password, and at the top of the update manager it will say " a
new release is available click here to upgrade" or something like that.

remember this is a beta release, its not final, you may have problems.

most people are reporting no problems, including me.... but... better
safe than sorry.... back up /home or any other important info to a usb
drive or something.  good luck.

- --
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com