TinyURL (Was: 8.04?)

Bob McConnell rmcconne at lightlink.com
Wed Apr 9 23:23:43 UTC 2008

Patton Echols wrote:
> On 04/05/2008 10:54 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> On 05/04/2008, Bob McConnell <rmcconne at lightlink.com> wrote:
>>
>> The link was to firefox . on . nimp . org (don't try that at home,
>> kids). If your host file directs nimp . org to localhost, then you are
>> fine.
>>

> I know this thread may be dead, but what is that site that is such a
> problem?

I don't know, I haven't ever been there and don't recognize it so I am
not going to check. Someone else posted it in an HTML formatted message
so the actual URL was hidden behind the label and asked how to put it
into /etc/hosts so that it was unreachable. I simply looked at the page
source to get the actual URL and inserted the spaces it so it was safe.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP