(Network) Can not connect to internet after install of Ubuntu

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:08:24 UTC 2008

Yahya A. ERTURAN wrote:
> Alright, maybe it is my fault to give less informationm, but I will get
> used to the correct style.
> [snip]

So your laptop is connected via Ethernet to your ADSL Modem which
functions as a router. You are not using Wifi. You can connect to your
modem but not to anything on the Internet.

> Please let me know if you need any other information.
> Thanks again.

If you have a Wifi device make sure it is set to disabled in the network
manager.

Output of the following commands may be useful:

ip route show

ip addr show

ifconfig

ifconfig -a

the first one is probably the most important. It will tell us how your
machine is trying to connect to the internet.

Thanks

Andy