Ubuntu's OpenOffice formatting changed from XP's OO formatting

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Wed Apr 9 12:44:44 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Jaime Tarrant wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:

>>>     I want to know HOW you load the fonts you find in XP. I too have
>>> noticed that there is a lot fewer fonts in Linux. So how do you load the
>>> other 25 fonts?
>>>

>>> Karl
>>>

>> Try the package msttcorefonts, or ttf-liberation for a GPL version
>> containing fonts with the same metrics as the other.
>>
>> ~$ sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
>>

>     I did this and my apt-get said the exact same package is already
> installed. I checked and find I have about 30 fonts to choose from in OO.
>
> Karl

Karl, I tried that in the "terminal" and it is now asking for a password.  If I use the one I boot
with, it doesn't type.  It remains blank and doesn't accept the password at all.

I've gotten this password thing before and just didn't continue.  Any idea how I can get it to take
my password, or not ask in the first place?

Joseph