How do I unlock a file ? / SOLVED !

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Wed Apr 9 04:05:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 18:14 -0700, Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 02:27 +0200, Simon Skogh wrote:
> >
> > SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> >
> > | How do I unlock this file to get the whole MythTV removed ???
> >
> > sudo rm mythtv -r
>
> Should be:
>
> sudo rm -rf mythtv
>
> Be careful when you do this, since the -r option makes the file removal
> recursive and the -f will force the removal even for files which are not
> writable.  See the man page for details.

Hi Simon and Smoot
Thanks for your feedbacks !
I just got it solved before receiving your answers. ;-)

I overlooked a little dot at the begin !!!
So, my typing found no match and couldn't proceed. ;-(

BTW one more question:
MythTV is a directory !
The last file was .qt ... and something !!

All your hints tell me do remove a folder with "rm" !?
I always assumed "rm" is used to remove files !?
Isn't "rmdir" the command to remove a directory ???

Cheers, svobi