Audigy sound card - no sound

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Wed Apr 9 00:04:18 UTC 2008

NoOp spake thusly:

> On 04/05/2008 10:46 AM, Phil Sexton wrote:
>> I have a Soundblaster Audigy card that has worked "out of the box" with
>> Fedora Core, but I have no sound in Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)
>>
>> Does anyone have any hints for configuring this card?
>>
>> I have installed the files that I have found by searching synaptic for
>> "audigy" that it returned.
>>

> You might find these helpful:

[ snip ]

Actually, the point is that somehow Fedora has MAGIC that nobody else
does.

If the same card "works out of the box" in Fedora 9 (Beta) it should work
in Ubuntu (or anyone slse).

All things being equal, I much prefer Ubuntu to Fedora but Fedora seems
to be the only "fresh" distro of late to be able to detect o a card with
one of the largest user bases on earth.

Fedora 9 - Check

Ubuntu 7.10/8.04 - NO

Mandriva 2008.0/2008.1 - NO

Debian Lenny - NO

Or I could always go back to Windows where sounds works just fine...

*sigh*

--
            Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com