bad video mode booting from 7.10 cd

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 7 16:45:10 UTC 2008

On 04/07/2008 03:20 AM, Joao Ferreira gmail wrote:
>> > Joao
>> >

>> What is the model of the Samton? Is it LCD or CRT?
>>

> It's a CRT, quite old. I never got more than 800x600 or 1027x768 from
> it.
>
> does this help ?
>
> thank you.
>
> joao

Partially - I need the _model_ number. Look on your monitor and tell us
what the model number is. That is the only way that I can find out the
Horizontal and Vertical frequencies & specs of the monitor - unless of
course you still have the manual for it :-).

Also please provide the amount of RAM the system has.

When you say booting from 7.10 CD; are you trying to boot using a
LiveCD? If so, it most likely won't work on your system. You'll need to
install from the Alternate CD.