sudo command

John Purser jmpurser at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 22:48:59 UTC 2008

Bob,

Just a thought.  You might want to have a look at your sudoers file and
see if either program is specifically mentioned.  Then check to see what
your sudo permissions are (user and group).  Sudo can grant a variety of
permissions based on who's calling it and what program they're trying to
run.  Also there's a "time out" where if a user successfully calls sudo
then he won't be asked for his password again for any sudo session for
the next 15 minutes (default config).

Finally I'd look at the permissions of those programs to see what the
effective user and group IDs are when they actually run.  Mostly just
from permissions paranoia.

John Purser