USB adapter or wireless card

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 15:19:06 UTC 2008

On 05/04/2008, Andrew Thoreson <febaen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 20:55 -0400, Yvette Hochberg wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  > I just joined a digital inclusion network and  I'm new to linux.
>  > I just got a Compaq Presario 6000 Pentium 4 and need a gutsy wireless
>  > card or USB adapter.
>  > Anyone know the best thing for me to get and where to get it?
>  > Also, if you're interested in finding out about the network, send me
>  > an email and I'll send the info.
>  > We're trying to make technology accessible to everyone.
>  > Thanks,
>  > Yvette
>  >

> Did you try
>  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsByVersion ?
>  There are plenty of results on google for wifi cards that will work out
>  of the box with Gutsy.

I think that he is asking the more general question of PCI or USB
interface to his computer. PCI is my preference, and it sits right on
the south bridge with no intermediate protocol (USB). Also, the card
won't compete with other devices for USB bandwidth. Of course, the
downside is that you have to open the computer, which is a problem for
some people.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il