maven2: maven invoker plugin cant find mvn command

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Apr 5 01:09:54 UTC 2008

Manfred Moser wrote:

> Package: maven2
> Version: 2.0.8-4
> Severity: normal
>

> When using the maven invoker plugin in a build together with the debian
> maven package it bombs out with a nullpointerexception. The invoker
> plugin assumes that it can find the mvn command in M2_HOME/bin. This is
> not the case with the debian package.

I don't think that's right.  Isn't the bin directory $M2?  I'm pretty sure
the system I installed yesterday (which I can't reach right now), has:

export M2_HOME=/home/derek/apache-maven-2.0.8/maven
export M2=$M2_HOME/bin

in my .bash_profile.

So it should work for you if M2 is the debian bin directory.

That said, I found trying to use Maven2 from Ubuntu was a lost cause.
What's the point?  It's going to download billions of bytes of unpackaged
software, anyway.