Ubuntu 7.10 IBM T60p laptop Power saving settings problem

semaj semaj3000 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 5 03:56:11 UTC 2008

When I boot to Ubuntu mostly stock only when on battery power the screen
dims after 2 or 5 minutes. It dims so dark I cant use it.  I can change the
screen brightness again using FN + HOME keys but it will revert again. How
do  I set the screen to full brightness by default even on battery?

Also when I run windows I get 3 to 4 hours of battery life and on UBUNTU I
get 1:30 to 2 hours doing the exact same work.  I know ibm makes drivers for
Open suse called SLED10 I think but is there anything for IBM or do I need
to look at OpenSUSE to utilize power management?

Thanks

Jim