Downloading help - Ubuntu

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 5 02:03:23 UTC 2008

On 04/02/2008 01:58 PM, Cattarin, Alec wrote:
> So I have succesfully downloaded Ubuntu, put it on a cd, and
> installed it on my computer.
>
> When I restart my computer, (without the cd in), I am left with the
> message stating;
>
> Uncompressing Linux....ok, booting the Kernel
>

> and it just stays there forever (I mean forever, I've let it run for
> over 15 hours)
>
> I've checked the cd and it says it okay.
>
> If you have any help for me in this area I would be much
> appreciative.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -Alec Cattarin Seattle

It's helpful if you can provide the following:

1. System information; system type, cpu type, memory, etc. You know, the
basic information about your system hardware.

2. Type of Ubuntu you used; version (i.e.,it 7.10/Gutsy), which CD
version (i.e., LiveCD, Alternate CD), desktop, server, other (Edubuntu,
Kubuntu), etc., etc.

Remember that you are asking the folks on this global user list to help
you. Nobody here is: a) a mind reader, 2) paid to help, and 3) know how
to help you unless you provide some details. Most are quite willing to
assist, but only if you give them something to go on.