Wine freezes

Carl Friis-Hansen carl.friis-hansen at carl-fh.com
Fri Apr 4 04:47:56 UTC 2008

> I just put together a new AND Dual Core 4000 on a Biotech K8M800 and I
> put a clean install of Gutsy on it.  Everything went along fine until I
> installed Wine and every time I do anything to run Wine the machine
> freezes.
I did the same thing with success for two new servers:
HP Proliant dual core AMD64 1.8MHz 2GiB RAM and Gutsy live.
To satisfy your question beforehand: I installed wine in order to run
Mercury on both of them.
I used all the defaults when installing wine and the application, mercury,
is installed under ~/.wine/drive_c
I get one error though saying that "GLX is not installed". I have problems
getting the Matrox 2000g video drivers to work. Could this video issue be
the difference? What about your error logs?
This probably doesn't help you, but at least now you know it should be
possible.
--
Carl Friis-Hansen