Victor Sterpu victor at ambra.ro
Fri Apr 4 16:53:11 UTC 2008

For desktop use Ubuntu is great.

I used a laptop for a few weeks and I had a bad surprise.

It works good only with Vista because only Vista knows how to cool it

I tryed XP, Ubuntu 7.10, 8 alpha and Vista and only Vista knows how to
cool it properly.

The laptop is a Toshiba and this is a fact that I found it on a Toshiba

It is weired how Toshiba chooses to promote Vista.

lm-sensors can't find the cpu fan and the temperature is 100 degrees

So I had to quit using Ubuntu on that laptop. : (

Toshiba will deffenetly not be my choice for a laptop.