updatedb not updating to include external drive

Jon Grant jg at jguk.org
Wed Apr 2 22:34:33 UTC 2008

Hello experts!

I'm unable to get updatedb to index my external drive. Any ideas?

I edited /etc/updatedb.conf to not exclude /media  :-

# paths which are pruned from updatedb database
PRUNEPATHS="/tmp /usr/tmp /var/tmp /afs /amd /alex /var/spool /sfs"
export PRUNEPATHS

My usb2 drive is mounted at /media/usb

When i manually run "updatedb" it returns after 1 sec. Likewise if I
run /etc/cron.daily/slocate it also returns after 1sec.

any help appreciated, this used to work in the previous ubuntu that I
have on my desktop PC.

Kind regards, Jon
--
web: http://jguk.org/