video card

Art Baur chivo at
Tue Apr 1 08:00:17 UTC 2008

My desk top has a Nvidia Vanta/ Vanta card and I want to switch it over to something better and Ubuntu friendly(still running XP). I want a better image and something were I don't have to bash my brains out to install. My lap top took me 4 day to resolve. Okay I'm sloooooow. Last question I'm also installing a new 300 gig Harddrive will ubuntu recognize all the gig? Comp is a Compaq and for my motherboard have no idea. Pentium 3 at 1600. All ideas welcome.