AMD64 vs. i386, any new observations?

Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Sat Sep 29 10:13:13 UTC 2007

Edgars Šmits wrote:

> How do list members who have tried both versions lately see it,
> especially any of you who have already downloaded the beta of Gutsy?

I use Gutsy-64 beta from tribe-3 up to now.
- Flash (youtube vidz) are not viewable
- Encoding (ogg theora, ogg Vorbis,...) are just Ok.

But there are other reasons to use 64bits: Just think what would happen
if no one use it. There would be no bug report, and the stabilization
process would be slower.
As we all know 64bit is the middle term future. Let's just use it and
report the bugs if any.
that's the way it goes in _community_ software (not elsewhere).

Ok?