PowerPC Problem

David Stubblebine dstubb.mylists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:20:09 UTC 2007

On Sep 17, 2007, at 3:57 AM, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:06:23AM -0500, Tommy Trussell wrote:
>> Canonical no longer offers "paid" support for versions after 6.06.1,
>> HOWEVER all the versions since are available, with "community"
>> support.
>
> Actually, 6.10 was the last supported release on PowerPC. See:
>
>   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2007-February/
> 000098.html
>
> Cheers,

Yes, but Feisty is available for PowerPC, just not officially
supported.  We are running Feisty on about 30 iMacs at school, and
have had no issues.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/releases/7.04/release/

> --
David Stubblebine
Norwalk, OH

"When you want to be noticed, do more than is expected."
--Life's Little Instruction Calendar