problem with programs

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 30 14:11:59 UTC 2007

You did.  It should be literally as I typed it:

"sudo aptitude -f install"

As above but without the quotes.  Hit enter and the
CLI will ask for you password, enter your password,
and hit enter again. The program will do the rest,
follow the results and it should tell you if it fixed
the dependencies or not. If the fix worked, you should
do an

"sudo aptitude update"

Followed by

"sudo aptitude upgrade" (or dist-upgrade, if you are
changing versions)
All without quotes, of course.  I'm not the expert
here but have used the command many times to fix
broken packages.  Report back your results and someone
will help solve your problem if I can't.
Best of luck,