Fwd: Re: Postfix, Mutt And No Root Mail?

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 30 01:32:51 UTC 2007

--- Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>

> > --- Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> >
> >> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> >>
> >> BIG SNIP
>
> You don't have any - you're directing it to lchata.
> --
> derek
>
> ???????????What???????????
Thanks for the reply, Derek, but if the "root mail"
was addressed to me or root at ubuntu, I would
recognize it as root mail either from the subject or
the message body. The only thing I get in mutt is my
yahoo web mail via fetchyahoo.  Let me assure you that
the 2or3 root mails I composed via mutt never showed
up in the received mail list in mutt.  I know that.
The root mail composition via nano editor did show up
in mutt as a composition(not a mail file as normal)
but a soon as i hit 'q' to go back to mail listings
all traces of the root mail disappears. I have
/var/spool/mail/lchata, /var/mail/lchata and
$HOME/Mail on my feisty system. I don't have
$HOME/maildir or something to that effect mentioned on
an earlier post.
I must be missing some program(s) needed for receiving
root mail but I don't know what it is. Or a bad conf
file somewhere.
Still looking to solve this issue,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net