Problems with Apache2

bill purvis bil at beeb.net
Mon Oct 29 17:01:07 UTC 2007

On Sunday 28 October 2007, Derek Broughton wrote:
> bill purvis wrote:
> > root at felix:# iptables --list
> > Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> > target     prot opt source               destination
> >
> > Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
> > target     prot opt source               destination
> >
> > Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> > target     prot opt source               destination
> >
> > I don't really need it as I have iptables set up on my
> > front-end server to protect me.
> > It's obviously part of the standard 'desktop' installation.
>
> Not at all - that's a default iptables where _nothing_ has been defined.
> --
> derek
yeah, I understand that that's the default no rule situation.
I just meant that the iptables package is installed, but I don't
really need the package as I don't propose to set up any rules on
this machine.

Bill
(who is now back on the air after totally wiping his hard drive
and starting again from scratch - with some success so far)
| Bill Purvis, Amateur Mathematician    |
|  email: bil at beeb.net                  |
|  http://bil.members.beeb.net          |