Gutsy upgrade question: Manually downloading some packages using wget

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 15:37:33 UTC 2007

Hugo Heden wrote:
> So obviously there is an internal database that apt-get/update-manager
> uses, and I would want to *manually* add the manually downloaded
> deb-files to that database..
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Hugo Heden
The only thing I can think of which might work (though others may have
more knowledge than I do) is when you've moved the debs to the archive, run:

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

which will install all the debs.  I'm not sure that would work...  if
there were dependency problems (old debs?) in there, it might bomb out
and leave you in a more difficult state than you're in now.  :@(

Anyone else got any suggestions?

--
Blessings