A Gutsy upgrade story

David Vincent dvincent at sleepdeprived.ca
Sun Oct 28 21:43:08 UTC 2007

David Vincent wrote:
> Mario Vukelic wrote:
>> On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 22:23 -0700, David Vincent wrote:
>>> Editing /etc/default/acpi-support and
>>> commenting out the LOCK_SCREEN=true line fixed this problem on the Dell
>>> but not the IBM - weird.
>> Open gconf-editor and check the
>> key /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/blank_screen, plus related. There may
>> also be related ones in /apps/gnome-screensaver.
>>

> Thanks for the tip but this is Xubuntu and XFCE therefore gconf-editor
> won't cut it.

ACTUALLY, seems I spoke too quickly on this one.  Today I installed the
gconf-editor package, unticked the appropriate boxes and voila my
locked-screen problem on xubuntu went away.

You were right Mario - too bad the Xubuntu folks don't include this by
default with their distro.  I should probably bug them about that...

...that and the lack of an easy way into the power options.

-d