Open Office on Gutsy

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Sat Oct 27 14:12:51 UTC 2007

Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> Davide Corio wrote:
>> Il giorno ven, 26/10/2007 alle 21.54 -0400, Bart Silverstrim ha scritto:
>>> I tried a "complete removal"
>> your old settings too? (/home/user/.openoffice.org2)
>
> Nope.  You're the third one ot suggest it, so I'm trying that now! :-)
>
> Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Moved the settings by renaming the folder, launched Calc, and it bounced
up fullscreen with no window manager border, and if I clicked a menu it
just flashed and disappeared.  I could alt-tab to another running
program (and my top and bottom panels for menus and running applications
reappeared when another program was selected, but if I moved the window
(i.e., dragged Firefox's window) it would fade away and the OpenOffice
fullscreen would take over the display again unless I alt-tabbed to the
application again.

Weird!