Open Office on Gutsy

Albert Charron albert at albertcharron.name
Sat Oct 27 04:13:21 UTC 2007

Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> Have other people been seeing more glitches with 2.3 OO.o on Gutsy?
>
> When I go to print a file in the word processor (networked samsung
> laser), it crashes.
>
> When I right click a column in the spreadsheet to format the cells, it
> crashes.
>
> ARGH!!
>
> I tried a "complete removal" with synaptic and reinstall, and it still
> crashes.

Just to answer to the question "have other people been seeing...", I've
not noticed any problem with OpenOffice, on either my old laptop or my
desktop computer, both running Gutsy. I do right-clicks very often in
the spreadsheet, and I also have a Samsung networked laser printer
(ML-1740, connected to a dapper server and shared through samba).

I'd try to remove the .openoffice.org2 folder from your home directory
(or rename it to keep a backup), then start OpenOffice again. I think
this folder contains your personnal settings from OpenOffice.  Maybe a
config file got corrupted on your profile?

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 361906