Getting sound with Flash web objects

lhunsicker at mchsi.com lhunsicker at mchsi.com
Sat Oct 27 01:44:40 UTC 2007

arijit sarkar:

Didn't work.  Indeed, firefoxrc had "none".  But changing it to "aoss" didn't
give me sound.

firefoxrc refers me to //https://launchpad.net/bugs/29760, which suggests that
sound is basically not fixable within ubuntu firefox using the proprietary flash
plug-in because the plug-in goes directly to dsp.  Is this still true?

Has anyone actually gotten sound to work in the Adobe Flash plugin?

Or is there an alternative FIREFOX_DSP setting that would work?  I am not using
the oss sound system (I think).  In System/Preferences/Sound, it seems that ADC
Capture/Standard PCM Playback is what works, not OSS.

Again, thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give.

Larry Hunsicker