Really dumb complaint - we hate the light- brown desktop at the start!

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Fri Oct 26 06:23:03 UTC 2007

Hello Edgars,

I'm sorry, but you're not making any sense here. See, first you provide us that:

Edgars Šmits wrote:
> I went back and found the exchange in question. Line 61 in my
> /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default already is set to black
>
> BackgroundColor=#000000
>
> so that isn't the solution.

Fair enough, but then:

> Mike.G then said there was a known bug (Bug #140821 in gdm) and still
> open, and to change the colour you need to manually edit line 61
> (backcolor) of the /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default script, where the
> light-brown is hard-coded. I just did that, restarted GDM, and voila!

Okay, first you tell me you've already changed line 61 in
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default, and it doesn't make any difference, but then
you say that changing the line 61 in /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default is the
solution?

Surely there's an explanation, other than my eyes not seeing the right
things here. :)

Cheers,

--
Jaska