Fwd: Re: Postfix, Mutt And No Root Mail?

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Fri Oct 26 02:45:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 05:52:49PM -0700, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> My apology to the user group for this second sending
> of an old post.  Somehow this showed up in my inbox
> which startled me and I accidently hit the send
> button.  Now I'm explaining the second sending.
> FWIW, this has all been resolved except I still don't
> get root mail.  Someone said that Ubuntu doesn't
> support root mail.  I could still use a good
> explanation on why no root mail.  Again, sorry for the
> sending and still wondering how it got in my inbox.

Leonard, I don't buy 'Ubuntu not supporting root mail'. I mean root is
an account, and should be able to get mail. I get root mail on 7.04
though don't recall what I might have done (or not done) to make it
happen:

y:Exit  c:Chdir  m:Mask  ?:Help
 1     drwxr-xr-x 49 halb     halb         4096 Oct 25 22:11 ../
 2     -rw-------  1 halb     halb      1061193 Oct 25 07:37 root
 3     -rw-------  1 halb     halb         1307 Sep 08 13:30 junk

That's a mailbox that get roots mail via a postfix alias, then
through procmail filtering.

--
Hal