Scheduling Ubuntu to "Wake Up"

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 01:48:42 UTC 2007

Forgive me for being  dense, but I lurk a lot and try to learn . . .

On 10/25/2007 03:54 PM, Kenneth P. Turvey wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:52:11 -0400, Daniel George Pevny wrote:
>

>> Thank for for the response, Kenneth.  Could you give me an example for
>> how the command is used? (ie. a playlist file everyday @ 5:45 am)
>>

> chmod /home/me/mymusic/somthing_i_like

Ok, what does that have to do with it?

> at 5:45 AM
>
>> play *.mp3
>>
> [Hit ctrl-d here]

I understood that "at" runs a shell command at the appropriate time, so
is "play *.mp3" shorthand for something else?  Like whatever command
line player you  use?  Or is it something else entirely

Thanks for contributing to my education ;-)

Patton