Solving DNS Lag Issue - Gutsy

John Mark Walker johnmark at johnmark.org
Thu Oct 25 21:36:38 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Martin Walshe <plasticman3327 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> If you open /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf and uncomment the line that begins
> prepend domain-name-servers and then add in yours afterwards. This will
> force it to use these DNS servers.

Ok, thanks. Will try that. I was hoping for something else, however. Should
the DNS IP's ever change, which is conceivable at some point, I'll be stuck.
However, in absence of a better solution, this looks like the way to go.

I saw some mention that this was related to a change in Gutsy's support of
ipv6 - can someone explain how that is? Neither my laptop nor my wireless
router do any ipv6 connections.

-JM