Ubuntu for MAC

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:43:12 UTC 2007

On 10/24/07, Gabriel Popescu <popescu at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've tried to run several live CDs of Ubuntu for MAC on my PowerPC G4.
> Neither 5.10 nor 6.06 were working; the X11 doesn't start!
>
> What I can get is just a tty console.
>
> Has anybody experienced same troubles with Ubuntu for MAC?

Those older CDs should work on your machine, but you may have the
Alternate or Server CDs rather than the live CDs, or you may have an
unusual video card that will require a special parameter to activate.
You'll probably find more relevant information on the Ubuntu PowerPC
forum -- http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Most of the RECENT threads are about problems running Gutsy on
PowerPC. You SHOULD be able to use one of the disks you have -- Ubuntu
6.06 Dapper works quite well on PowerPC, so you may find your issue if
you search the older posts on the PowerPC forum.

 I suggest you look in the forum (and search using Google) for
information about your specific video card especially if it didn't
come "stock" with the system.