External Hard Drives and UBUNTU

Donald Rock, MD don4sail at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:56:03 UTC 2007

I installed a Lacie drive on Ubuntu Gutsy and it was immediately picked up
and the files were available without problem. Follow the drive's manual: in
my case, I got the drive plugged into the AC, turned on, then attached the
USB terminal to the computer and it was picked up and available in Places.