how to print in black and white without grayscale - Laserjet 4

Corsin Huonder corsin.huonder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:24:18 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

Today I installed ubuntu 7.10. I configured all the things which I will
need.
But I had some problems using my old Laserjet 4 printer.

I print in grayscale mode and some light colors like yellow or blue aren't
printed on paper so i can't read some parts of the paper.

How can I set the Laserjet 4 to a mode where it prints only in black an
white, without grayscale?
As i sad i have ubuntu 7.10 by now i didn't chance anything in the cups
configuration.

thanks Corsin