broken dist upgrade

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Wed Oct 24 14:49:37 UTC 2007

NoOp spake thusly on:

> Sounds very much like the problem that I had with one of my systems. For
> some reason /etc/apt/sources.list did not get updated to include:
>
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy main restricted universe
> multiverse

IMO, archive.ubuntu.com is about the worst place to point your
sources.list files. There are dozens of mirrors. The main one is almost
always slower.  And with everyone upgrading at around the same time,
that only made the problem worse I'm sure.

Oh and I don't upgrade. I do clean installs. Upgrading is against my
religion, :)

--
            Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com