[UBUNTU] bottom panel

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Wed Oct 24 10:23:01 UTC 2007

Norman,

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 16:19 +0100, norman wrote:
> > > I have been messing around with the properties of the bottom panel and
> > > now when I run an application it no longer appears in the panel. What do
> > > I need to do, please, to restore the situation as it is when first
> > > installing the OS?
>
> > Right click on the panel and press add to panel, then pick the one that
> > says "application bar" or something like that.  There are alot of other
> > cool applets in that dialog.
>
> This is not the answer to the problem. I am not looking for an applet I
> ma looking for the indication that an application, such as Evolution, is
> running.

The applet that shows the  windows on the current Gnome desktop (or
workspace) is called "Window List".  If you add that applet to the
bottom panel, it will provide the indication that you want.  The panel
does *NOT* provide anything itself, other than  hosting applets such as
window list, workspace switcher, etc.  My bottom panel has 4 applets
active:
* show desktop
* window list
* workspace switcher