laser printer: HL-5250DN or another one?

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 22:15:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

Anybody have experience with this printer:
Brother HL-5250DN
(http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=HL5250DN).

We are thinking of buying this for a very small office (around 5~20
pages a day). I have also been looking at HL-2070N, but duplex printing
feature in HL-5250DN attracted me to it more. Both have a 10/100 Base-TX
port, that is another plus for both. The printer will connected to a
switch via a CAT-5 cable. The emulations supported by both are:
2070N:  PCL6, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
5250DN: PCL6, BR-Script3, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX

A couple of computers on that local network are running Ubuntu Feisty
(soon to be Gutsy). Any comments on its functionality from Linux?
linuxprinting.org says it works pefectly. What about its durability?

Any other suggestions?

thanks,
->HS