Kmail and Firefox

Pete Holsberg pjh42 at pobox.com
Mon Oct 22 22:01:43 UTC 2007

Bart Silverstrim has written on 10/22/2007 4:33 PM:

> Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
>>> "Is there a way to do X?" implies "If so, what is it?"
>> Definitely not. It might also implies:
>> - "How to prevent some users not to do so?"
>> - "I will install some more stuff then"
>> - "Uh, it's the same as under another OS/distro, I hate that"
>> - ...
>>
>> Anyway, go on! I am convinced asking precise questions is a good habit
>> and you are not.
>
> He's not a good habit, or not a precise question?

I'm definitely not a good habit!

I think he meant that I am not convinced that asking precise questions
is not a good habit, but I'm not sure where he got that.

I'm not against asking precise questions. I'm against giving smart-assed
understandable.

And even if you have misunderstood the OP's question, at least you have
tried to help. Your answer will cause the OP to reword and get closer to
what he/she means.

Sometimes it's very hard to correctly formulate the precise question!