no internet connection from server

Njoku, George O. njokug at winthrop.edu
Mon Oct 22 21:38:26 UTC 2007

Sorry

#> /sbin/mii-tool

Cheers and thanks
George

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com [mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Tim
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 5:31 PM
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: RE: no internet connection from server

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 16:23 -0400, Njoku, George O. wrote:
> Do the following…
>

> #> mii-tools –v
>

> (push the reset button on modem from ISP if any or restart modem)
>

> #> /etc/init.d/networking restart
>

> #> ifconfig –a
>

> #> cat /etc/network/interfaces
>

> Please paste
>

> George

George,

You got it! The last command cat /etc/network/interfaces Showed me the
problem. The gateway was listed as 192.168.0.1 but the address of my
router is 192.168.1.1    A single digit away from the internet! Thank
you for your help. Oh, the command mii-tools -v didn't work. Maybe I
will have to install that program. Of course before I found that single
digit error I couldn't add the program. Thanks for the help!

Tim