Seamonkey -- has anybody successfully installed it?

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:47:53 UTC 2007

On 22/10/2007, Pete Clapham <w.clapham at csuohio.edu> wrote:

>  Hi, all --
>
>  I have gotten used to seamonkey (the follow-on to Mozilla) in Windows, and
> would like to install it on my Ubuntu Gutsy machine.  However, when I detar
> the seamonkey tarball and try to follow the directions, I get the
> information that seamonkey-installer-bin doesn't exist -- but it clearly
> does exist.  Has anybody successfully installed seamonkey?  And if so what
> did you do to do it?
>
>  Thanks for your help.

At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs... (and I've not tried this myself).

./seamonkey-installer-bin

The "./" bit at the front is important. I assume you're in the
directory where you can see the seamonkey-installer-bin" - the "./"
indicates that the command you're calling is in the current directory.
Failing to place a "./" in font of the command will result in the
shell searching your $PATH environment variable and unless you current
directory is in there, you'll get a "command not found" error.

--
Steve
When 1 person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0