Problem with keyboard on 7.04 Kubuntu

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:27:28 UTC 2007

Paul S a écrit :
>>> log
>>> will
>
> I've had this problem in both gnome and kde after suspending the laptop.
>   It only happens once out of five plus times, so I can't figure out
> why.  I've also had occasional suspend problems with thunderbird's
> webmail extension not resuming.  I fixed this by disabling it and
> installing freepops for webmail.  It seems to resume ok.  I've also had
> occasional suspend problems where the pc reboots rather than resume.  I
> don't know how to troubleshoot and file bugs on these because they're
> not reproducible.
>
> Anyway, if you are using a laptop and suspending, it could contribute to
> the keyboard problem.  The only fix I find is to log out/in, as you did.
>
> HTH

For resume issues, I found that

sudo /etc/init.d/dbus restart

does wonder (better than having to log out, that way you keep you
applications open); I don't know if it would work in your case, but it
does for 100% of the resume problems I had - as far as I'm able to
sleep/hibernate in the first place, that is :)